Destination Wedding is a growing trend. Probably because in most weddings, the bride is from one place and the groom could be from a faraway state or from another country. So it is just normal and natural for them to look for a neutral territory. Since most guests from both sides will come from different places, it will be some sort of a destination wedding for them too! So why not stage a wedding away from home? Then the newlyweds can take a second week to disappear on their own for their honeymoon.
Riviera Maya provides the perfect environment for your nuptials if you’re looking to have a natural, tropical setting. From Tulum to Playa del Carmen and to other parts of this long tourism strip in Mexico, the whole area is just oozing with all things beautiful, vibrant and exotic blooms. Almost every city offers a full suite of everything that any couple will need for their destination wedding.
Who can resist the the promise of beach-side romance, panoramic landscapes, white sand beaches and other things beyond charming that one can only experience in Riviera Maya? More when you’re sharing the moment with those who are most special to you. Play explorers for the whole time that you’re there and discover the Mayan culture–the magic and beauty that breathe life into this side of Mexico.
Sounds fantastic, huh! It can be quite challenging, however, if you haven’t been to Riviera Maya and clueless on how to spend your limited time and budget. Worry not because our friends at MayanExplore shared the Top 10 things you can do when in Riviera Maya.
1. Swimming by the only archaeological site located by the sea in Tulum.
2. Spend a day of amazement interacting with Mexican culture in one of the most spectacular theme parks in the world Xcaret.
3. Snorkel in the largest natural aquarium in the world Xel Ha.
4. Get the perfect suntan in Akumal silky beaches.
5. Explore the mystery of the Mayan caves in Aktun Chen.
6. Stroll along “La Quinta Avenida” of Playa del Carmen and enjoy the wide variety of bars, restaurants and shops.
7. Return in time and discover a Mayan Village
8. Discover the underwater world at the largest coral reef on the northern hemisphere, Marina Maroma.
9. Get in touch with one of the greatest bio diversities in the world on the Biosphere Reserve of Sian Ka´an
10. Relax and experience a Mayan treatment in one of the multiples Spas in Riviera Maya.
As what we have always mentioned, aside from having a picturesque backdrop for your most special day, a trimmed down guest list, a honeymoon nest just a short distance away, one of the awesome pluses of having a destination wedding is the fact that you can use minimal wedding décor. Buy your wedding linens online, put them on a suitcase and voila, you’re set for your wedding!
Buying your wedding linens will not only spare you from the unnecessary hassles of renting but also, it will also save you a lot of money. The savings you make can go to your lavish honeymoon getaway! Talk about the sweetest part of this whole destination wedding thing.