If you’re like the average customer shopping for party supplies, it’s likely you would naturally assume that renting any type of party supplies would be a much cheaper option than buying. After all, you’re only planning for a single day, right? Of course, it absolutely does make sense to rent expensive equipment like popcorn machines and bouncy castles, but you should think twice about renting those tablecloths and chair covers. Why? The difference between buying and renting tablecloths is so significant that you can likely upgrade the quality of food or entertainment at your event with the money you save.
There really is no comparison: buying your table linens is a much cheaper option than party rentals. Renting your tablecloths, chair covers, and table runners costs an average of 50%-100% more than buying your table linens from LinenTablecloth. It doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense, does it? Why should you pay more for something that you return at the end of the day than something that’s yours to keep? It’s simple: linen rental companies have to not only transport the linens to your event but also launder your used linens for the next customer. Another reason is that companies like LinenTablecloth just weren’t around in the past to compete with rental companies. At LinenTablecloth, we manufacture our own products and can therefore sell our linens at the best possible price for our customers.
- The cost of buying table linens is far cheaper than party rentals. Some rental companies charge as much as 3x more for a tablecloth than LinenTablecloth.
- The quality of LinenTablecloth table linens are often higher than rental linens. Don’t just take my word for it, check for the GSM before you rent.
- Your linens will be brand new. Have you thought about how many people have eaten on your linen rental before you? It’s worrisome.
- The table linens are 100% yours! Planning another event in the future? Machine wash your linens and you’re good to go!
- Get a return on your investment by selling your used table linens on Craigslist or Ebay. Feeling generous? Donate them to your church, school, or local charity organization for fundraisers!
- If your table linens are delivered to you the day of your event in a less than favorable condition, you won’t have time to find an alternative option. If you buy them in advanced, you can always return your table linens with LinenTablecloth’s forgiving return policy.
- Buying table linens means you have complete control over the size and colors of your linens. With 28+ colors and tons of different sizes to choose from, LinenTablecloth offers more linen options than most rental companies. Don’t like the linens you bought? You can return or exchange them!
- You’ll have to launder your table linens if you want to use them again.
- Table linens take up storage space in your home.
What can I do with my purchased table linens after the big day?
When most people learn about the service LinenTablecloth offers, the first question we generally hear is “What the heck do I do with my table linens after the big day?” There are many ways to constructively use your table linens after the event has passed. As mentioned earlier, you can either sell your used tablecloths, chair covers, and table runners or donate them to a family member, religious organization, or charity. If you love DIY crafts, you can use tablecloth fabric to make tree skirts, curtains, or any other kind of creative project. Regardless of what you choose to do with your table linens after the event, the money saved by buying your table linens is often a compelling enough reason to buy because, as it turns out, people like saving money!
Do you think it makes more sense to buy or rent your event linens? Leave us a comment in the box below!
Credits: All tablescape photos were captured by real LinenTablecloth customers and can be viewed on our Pinterest boards, real wedding photos from LinenTablecloth brides & LinenTablecloth customer photos || No sew tablecloth curtains by Daisy Mae Belle