Why rent tablecloths when you can buy them for less? Renting seems to make more sense on the surface anyway. I mean, what are you going to do with an armada of tablecloths, chair covers and napkins after the party or wedding reception is over? On the other hand, do you really want to spend up to 3 TIMES MORE on a rental company’s table linens when you could buy your linens for a whole lot less? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of buying vs. renting your tablecloths:
Cons of buying your linens:
- You have to launder your linens after the big day.
- Storing linens can be tricky if you don’t have ample storage space.
- You will pay for replacement if linens get stained or damaged.
Pros of buying your linens:
- You save money. Lots of it! Rental tablecloths and chair covers cost an average of 50%-100% more than LinenTablecloth.
- You have brand new linens. Not old, used-and-washed-hundreds-of-times linens.
- You can launder on your schedule, and if a guest spills red wine on a white tablecloth, you will not be charged for it, you just pre-treat it, throw it in the washer with some bleach and voila! Good as new!
- Next time you have a party, even if it’s just another birthday party you will say to yourself “Oh yeah, I have tablecloths!” No worry about shopping again or buying cheap flimsy paper tablecloths. You always have an excuse to go “fancy.”
- You will be a hero when you save your friend or family member money and loan them YOUR tablecloths for their big event!
- You can get a return on your investment by selling your wedding linens online. You can make between 50 and 100% of what you spent selling them on Craig’s List or eBay.
- What about donating them to your church or school? Tax deduction! And kudos to you for being so generous! Even if you buy them, wash them and then donate them, you still saved a lot of money over renting and that has to make you feel proud!
PHOTO CREDITS: Thanks to our happy customers for posting them photos on Facebook.